Applying for: General Machine Operators -AkronWe are hiring the following position for one of our clients in Akron...It's a great opportunity!!
Operations Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform all required duties to operate a variety of machines, such as Drill Presses, Punch Presses, Marking Machines, Benders, and Manual Shears.
• Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal.
• Make setups and perform servicing of the machine.
• Operate and make adjustments to a variety of machines, check the quality of the work and adjust equipment as necessary.
• Check tools for dullness and replace as necessary. Remove chips and clean machine, fixture and tooling.
• Perform other related duties such as trucking material and parts to and from production areas as required.
• Maintain and service equipment within limits of ability.
• Mount attachments or tools onto production equipment.
• Operate grinding equipment.
• Examine completed work pieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
• Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition and follow standard and OSHA safety regulations.
What do we think would make you successful in this role?
• Possess at least 5 years of manufacturing experience.
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs frequently.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and be able to repetitively bend, lift and reach.
• Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
• Ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure as organizational skills are the key to finding and
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture.
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent work habits including punctuality, attendance, and work ethic.
Opportunity for Overtime
Step 1 of 5 - Applicant Info