Applying for: Sewing Operator Cuyahoga FallsSummary: The Sewing Employee completes various functions of the sewing process for medical grade garments within multiple stages of production. They may be required to inspect for quality using industry specific tools and machines. They are required to follow standardized guidelines and processes. They operate, check, thread and monitor various machines as required. They accurately follow the requirements of the production tickets for accuracy. They employ accuracy, good judgement, attention to detail and time management in the sewing process.
- Sew items using various machines, techniques and tools.
- Use production tickets to guide production by employing appropriate sewing or finishing techniques.
- Inspect and determine quality of goods in process using industry specific standards.
- Run and monitor industry specific machinery in the process of sewing, attaching and finishing etc.
- May be required to set up items for sewing using industry specific guidelines and instruction manuals.
- May shift between sewing and finishing as required by the process stages.
- Prepare and complete garments by component selection, cutting, measuring, attaching and sewing according to standards.
- Use basic math and metric math skills to measure materials and accurately process materials with minimal waste.
- Use manual dexterity and vision to complete product and tasks.
- Regular dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Accurately perform assigned sewing operations and/ or set-up duties.
- Maintain overall safe practices and safety awareness as instructed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum education/ experience knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This position requires good coordination and hand working skills,
- The ability to apply and carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form
- Apply good judgment in making determinations in selecting quality levels.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to read and interpret a tape measure or ruler using the metric system.
- Calculate and apply variances in certain circumstances.
Education / Experience: Minimum Age 18, Education; High School Diploma or GED Equivalent. Working knowledge of computers
Skills / Competency:
- Ability to prioritize
- Organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team
- Highly attentive to detail and discrepancies
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Reading and matching combined numbers and data
- Achieves consistency in process implementation
Language Skills: Can read and interpret documents, write correspondence and/ or reports. Recognize similarities and difference between series of letters and between series of numbers
- Minimum Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
- Intermediate Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Minimum Skills: Ability to apply understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
Work Environment: Climate controlled with low levels of dust and moderate noise.
- Must be able to maintain a stationary position 50% to 90% of the time
- Must be able to traverse between standing and sitting.
- Must be able to attach, position or set up materials for machine finishing
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds by stooping, crouching or reaching.
- Detect and communicate variances in quality through exchange of communication both written and verbally
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Step 1 of 5 - Applicant Info