Applying for: Direct Support Aide - Akron
To possess and practice a commitment to the Empowerment ideology and to provide a homelike environment for the individuals that reside in each home. The DSA will work directly with the individuals, individually and in a group setting, to assist them in meeting their various identified social, physical, environmental, activity, and psychological needs.
- Provide direct care and habilitation assistance to each individual as needed
- Assist in maintaining adequate personal hygiene of each individual by assisting with, but not Limited to, bathing, grooming, dressing and undressing, feeding, toileting, turning and positioning as needed.
- Promptly report to the Supervisor, and or the Administrator any need for medical attention, behavioral intervention, programmatic issues.
- Assist with or perform minor nursing care procedures as required.
- Work with the professional staff to evaluate your assigned individual's present abilities, progress, regression, and potential.
- Participate in the development, implementation, documentation and follow through of each person's program that are identified on the "My Plan".
- Assist in maintaining accurate documentation of each assigned individual's program and activities.
- Properly use and care for each individual's personal equipment: (i.e. walker, wheelchair, radio, T.V. etc.)
- Interact with each individual and your co-workers in a manner which is consistent with respect for the individual and their value as a human being.
- Interact with each individual and your co-workers in a physical manner that is socially and professionally acceptable.
- Use acceptable language and voice tone when talking to or addressing the individuals or co-workers.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, healthful and sanitary environment for our individuals and co-workers.
- Assist in preparing and serving nutritious meals for our individuals.
- Assist in maintaining each individual's clothing in a clean, and good state of repair.
- Exchange any and all pertinent information about each individual and other concerns with relieving staff member at beginning and closing of shifts. If information needs special attention, contact your Manager.
- Keep all pertinent administrative personnel informed of any changes in the individuals and their work schedules or sites.
- Participate in on-going staff development activities.
- Maintain the CONFIDENTIALITY of all information concerning each individual, their personal affairs, and the personal affairs of co-workers.
- Supervisor and the Administrator may assign all other related duties.
Step 1 of 5 - Applicant Info