Applying for: Warehouse Associate - Solon8am - 4:30pm
$14-16 per hour depending on experience
The purpose of this position is to support all warehouse functions, including receiving, shipping, and inventory counting / reconciliation.
- Pick and pack items for shipment as required on pick sheets
- Load outgoing shipments, including truckload, LTL, and parcel
- Unload, reconcile, and put-away incoming receipts from truckload LTL, or parcel deliveries
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- At least one-year warehouse and/or manufacturing experience, two to three years preferred.
- Previous experience operating a tow motor required
- Must be able to understand standard warehouse forms, such as pick sheets, packing lists, purchase orders, and bills of lading
- Basic computer skills, previous experience using a business system, computer manifest systems, and RF devices is preferred
- Ability to problem solve and use independent judgement is required Able to communicate clearly with employees, customers and vendors.
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Above average math skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Must have basic ability to read, write and follow verbal instructions, including understanding item part numbers and quantities
- Available to perform duties outside of normal work hours as required
- Regular and punctual attendance
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Tow motor certification is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 150 pounds with help. The employee is required to be able to get in and out of and drive a tow motor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requires special safety precautions such as working around moving parts, machines or with irritant chemicals. Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear.
May work in an area that is very uncomfortable due to extreme temperature, noise levels or other conditions.
This position requires moderate physical exertion.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time, non-exempt, hourly position and the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm with ½ hour for lunch. Occasional overtime may be needed.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Work boot reimbursement
Step 1 of 5 - Applicant Info