Applying for: Quality Control Technician - Walton Hills$18-$19 per hour depending on experience (+.75 diff. for nights) + bonus every 6 months
10am-10pm OR 10pm-10am
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Check surfaces on plastic sheet
- Gauge with a micrometer
- Checking the length, width, squareness of sheet with a tape measure Color with a color meter
- Shrinkage of plastic with an oven
- Documenting everything
- Cleaning and organizing
- Training will include other duties on the production floor to help understand all positions and processes.
- Counting sheets of plastic
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
Skills and Requirements:
- Tow motor driving
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be organized and have and be detail and deadline oriented.
- Good time management skills
- Able to taking samples off of lines, approximately 20 lbs.
- Must be able to read a tape measure Proficient at basic math.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Able to communicate clearly with co-workers
- Able to use hand tools such as hammers, circular saw, table saw, band saw and nail gun Able to multitask and self-organize
- Must have worked in a general warehouse setting
- Familiarity with cycle counts is preferred
- Follow written safety procedures
- Previous extrusion experience and knowledge of plastic sheet extrusion process a plus.
- High school diploma/GED minimum
- Fork lift Certification a plus
- Basic computer skills a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Work boot reimbursement
Step 1 of 5 - Applicant Info