Applying for: Childcare Associate - Akron AreaPOSITION: Childcare Associate
LOCATION: Akron, Ohio
HOURS: 8:30am-1pm Mon, Wed & Thurs
The childcare associate position is responsible for providing a safe and nurturing environment for the children living at the facility. This is a part-time position.
Previous childcare experience preferred. Candidate must be an outgoing "people person". Reliable transportation required. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary. Dedication to the mission of serving homeless women and children as must.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Providing childcare during scheduled programming and additional hours as needed.
- Supervising field trips to local points of interest (zoo, state parks, baseball games, etc.)
- Teaching skills to children (reading, painting, etc.)
- Available to attend outside training as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Child Advocate.
- Responsible for adhering to all policy and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and other departmental procedure manuals.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The childcare associate position reports directly to the Child Advocate.
- To protect the clients of this facility, background checks are performed on all potential employees before hiring decision is complete. This is to ensure that employees assigned to certain positions have no history of criminal behavior relevant to their employment and to ensure that employees are not under any form of correctional control (e.g., probation, inactive probation, parole or community control).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Step 1 of 5 - Applicant Info