Applying for: CDL Class A/B Driver - Akron AreaOur client in Akron is looking to add a CDL Class A/B Driver to their "Family owned and operated for over 90 years" team!
LOCATION: Akron OH
COMPENSATION: $19 hourly
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Delivers products via a boom truck, crane, flatbed, or pick up over a prescribed route on city streets or rural roads to deliver material to customers at home or place of business. Reviews list of deliveries for change in schedule and loads material onto truck. Maintains vehicle maintenance records. Help unload truck and be able to lift 75+ pounds. This position reports to the branch manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives trucks, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products or materials. Inspects truck(s) before and after trips and submit report indicating truck condition. Create repair ticket as necessary.
- Reads order to determine appropriate loading and verifies quantities and quality of product to be delivered.
- Loads or unloads-sometimes works as member of two-person team driving the truck with a partner.
- Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading position.
- Monitors customer or partner on roof to determine appropriate course of action (boom speed, boom position, ect.)
- If unloading, properly stacks material on every peak of roof.
- Services truck with oil, fuel, and fluids, tire pressure, ect. to maintain truck.
- Properly washes the inside and outside of the truck on a daily basis.
- Be familiar with the Rider and Warehouse job duties and responsibilities.
- Acts as a team with their rider: adhering to quality standards and safety rules and procedures, wearing Personal Protective Equipment as needed and observing safety with their co-workers.
High school diploma or GED, basic math skills + CDL Class A or Class B License.
2 years CDL Class A driving experience. Clean driving record, standard transmission, harness safety, and map reading skills. Hazmat endorsement a plus. Ability to lift 75+ pounds.
Step 1 of 5 - Applicant Info