Applying for: Mold Set Up TechnicianJob Title: Mold Set Up Technician
Job Code: Department: 301-Manufacturing
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
Position Overview: Responsible for performing diversified duties related to exchanging molds in injection molding machines in a proper, timely and safe manner.
• Proper procedures of mold installations including molds with SM process
• Proper procedure includes reading Work Order and installing the proper mold, with the correct inserts if applicable using the Mold Setup sheet, Scientific Molding Process water diagrams and the Mold Setup Checklist. Refer to Work Instruction WI-MG-011.
• Cleanliness of the mold’s parting line, including cavity/core inserts and part chute or conveyer belt after mold installation is necessary production practice.
• Cleaning and protecting mold’s parting line including all cavity and core components, as well lubrication of leader pins, bushings and other moving parts before mold removal.
• Cleaning and protecting against rust with light oil of mold base and machine platens when required. Work to maintain a clean and safe work place.
• Mold insert change over if necessary
• Has to be familiar with all types of injection machine controllers in use on the floor
• Clean up after all mold installations and returning removed mold to their proper location if necessary
• Communicating all mold/machine issues or damage before installing/removing to assistant supervisor, supervisor or engineering
• Training personnel in grinding and material handling with supporting documentation
• Care of supplied tools and must report any missing or broken tools
• Backup to assistant supervisor position with ability to start up injection machine
• Other projects as instructed by Assistant Supervisor or Shift Supervisor
• Must be certified and able to use forklift
• Must work safe and use all safety precautions
• Must improve ability in accordance with the skilled labor training matrix
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Licenses, Certifications, Etc.
• Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
• Must understand and demonstrate all safety requirements for the use and handling of molds, injection machines and equipment.
• Prior experience with injection machine processes preferred
Education and experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Must be an accomplished individual with a working knowledge of injection molding MFG floor, mold storage and handling with minimum 1 year of experience.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds with heavier weight necessary at times.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Step 1 of 5 - Applicant Info