Applying for: Maintenance MechanicOur client in Hartville is looking for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to join their team!
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Hartville, Ohio
Primary job function is to maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions. and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation;
listening for problems: using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Removes defective parts by dismantling devices: using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
· Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used
parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
· Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
· Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
· Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
· Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders: verifying receipt.
· Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
· Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops: reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
· Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Equipment Maintenance. Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity
Summary of essential job functions and minimum requirements:
1. Safely adjust molding machine operational parameters
2. Repair EOAT's
3. Locate root cause of problems.
4. Convey information clearly. (Written, typed, drawing)
5. Read & follow mechanical & electrical drawings.
6. Install electrical conduit.
7. Install copper piping.
8. Install PVC piping.
9. Install wiring.
10. Read a voltage / ohm meter.
11. Perform Preventive Maintenance & enter in computer system.
12. Look up parts (catalogs / machine manuals).
13. Communicate over the phone with machine service personnel.
14. Measure using micrometer.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. 5 years of industrial maintenance experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
Step 1 of 5 - Applicant Info