Applying for: Cast House (foundry) Maintenance Tech**RESUME REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION**
a. Pay: Depends on skills (Range: $18.48-$28.48)-opportunity to go even higher for qualified candidate or via training once employed
b. Schedule: Nights 7PM-7AM (Rotating 12 hour crew)
c. Training on 1st Shift (7:00 AM – 3:00 PM) anywhere from 3 weeks to 60 days depending on training needed
The position is tasked with the daily maintenance requirements for maintaining the equipment and castlines operational, which includes championing the safety of all crew members, maintaining the integrity of equipment and other facility upkeep tasks with an emphasis on machine repair.
The maintenance technician is tasked with supporting all aspects of the maintenance organization, performing preventative maintenance on equipment throughout the lifecycle of the casting process, troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment and performing repairs, and participating in reviews and special projects aimed at increasing equipment reliability.
• Repairs, maintains and troubleshoots continuous process machinery performing mechanical and electrical repairs on equipment such as motors, pneumatic systems, conveyor systems, hydraulic systems, water systems, production machines and equipment in accordance with diagrams, specifications and operator’s manuals.
• Dismantles devices and machines to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, hand tools, power tools, and cranes
• Performing necessary maintenance work, such as replacing pumps, motors, chains ,spokets, cables, repair or replace drives, troubleshoot PLC logic, fabricate and mount guards, troubleshoot and adjust hydraulics.
• Maintains personal safety equipment and promotes BCC Safety Regulations • Completes required PM’s and associated paperwork (CMMS System)
• High School Diploma or GED (from an accredited institution)
• Minimum of two years' experience performing mechanical and electrical maintenance in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge and experience reading electrical and hydraulic drawings/schematics
• Knowledge and experience working with combustion systems
• Demonstrated knowledge and competencies relating to employee, equipment and product safety
• Experience with equipment troubleshooting
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical repairing of machines, machine parts and maintenance practices
• Experience with performing preventative maintenance on equipment
• Five years’ experience performing mechanical and electrical maintenance in a manufacturing environment
• Full time, first shift. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
• Lifting : Moderately Heavy - Lift on an occasional basis a maximum of 40 pounds
• Standing: Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
• Walking: Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
• Bending and Twisting: Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
• Temperature Extremes (percent of time working in non-climate controlled, production environment): Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
• Noise (percent of time working in noisy, production environment): Constantly (greater than 80% of workday)
This description is a general statement of duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. This description is not intended to be all inclusive and other related duties may be assigned.
Step 1 of 5 - Applicant Info